Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Where is the backbone?

The Past/Present:

So I had every intention of disecting the new Goo Goo Dolls greatest hits CD (a week late I know but cut me some slack)....However...I was made aware of a terrible injustice that must be addressed.

So as if my day couldn't get worse...mid morning MCPO N popped his head in to give me the heads up that there is a very real chance that it will in fact ME who does not return to the Yankees next season. I am so pissed off at the Steinbrenner family right now. Where is the backbone??? Get rid of unlucky 13 while you have the chance damn it!!!!!

So I know that I vowed that I would never blog about the King of Choking and I am going to hold to that in the sense that I will NEVER mention that overpaid crybaby's name again. I will say this...it is a good thing that I look good in red because I meant what I said. I don't care if the jerk wins his 3rd MVP this week or not. If the Steinbrenners sign him again...I will hold true to my vow and join Red Sox Nation. (Being that it is a real possiblity that I will be joining the dark side soon I have decided that I should stop referring to them as the Red Sux.) I can only hope that there are other Yankee fans out there who can talk some sense into the organization and keep "Mr. I Can't Deliever When It Counts" out of pinstripes. Sadly...I am not holding my breath.

In my heart I know that my Derek Jeter Obsession will prevail but I have gut-wrenching feeling that I will be investing in a David Ortiz jersey soon. I have choosen Big Papi because I am also certain that my hatred of Manny will power on as well. Maybe the dozen or so Red Sox fans who have talked shit to me all season (justified in doing so but still...) will chip in and buy me the jersey as my "Welcome to the Dark Side" gift.

The Future???:



Damn it all.

2 comments:

The Kiskadian said...

Give A-Rod a break Millie Vanillie!

Seriously though I know that the Todd told you. What do you think?

Millie said...

Never! He is everything that is wrong with professional sports.

Yes I know but it wasn't from Todd. I'm happy for you.