Friday, November 16, 2007

America's Past Time is in the Gutter

Damn it all but I think that baseball is going to be a contributing factor to the major freakout that I swear is only days away. There were three major baseball headlines and each one pissed me off.

1.) Barry Bonds got indicted for perjury and obstruction of justice. The fact that he got indicted doesn't piss me off, it's the fact that people are surprised by it. Of course he knew...

2.) The Choke Artist apparently has negotiated an obscene deal with the Yankees. Sure it isn't confirmed but it is pretty much a done deal according to every media outlet. $275M for someone who cracks under pressure is damn insanity. I swear the entire Steinbrenner family must be out of their damn minds. Why else would they put out that kind of money for someone who can get you to the playoffs but never to the big dance? (Bostonians...I wear a medium jersey.)

3.) Even my beloved Derek Jeter is in hot water because apparently he didn't pay NY taxes!!! I don't know the details but I am not inclined to side with him on this one. How can you be a Yankee but say you are not a New Yorker???


Maybe I should start following Equestrian or something. Baseball has been really rough on me the past couple of years.

4 comments:

SJK said...

I agree with Millie. But not only is the Steinbrenner family insane for giving out the kind of money they do for over grown brats playing a game, all of major league baseball is insane for following suit. I have no sympathy for owners who cry poor mouth. All of them should have to work for a living like the rest of us.

Millie said...

I am about ready to quit supporting professional sports all together and go back to college.

Good to hear from you!

The Kiskadian said...

I'm shocked at you Millie Vanillie. You were never a hater like this before. What happened to the girl who never said anything bad about anyone? A-Rod is only taking what people are willing to pay him. Hate the game, not the playa.

Thanks for opening up the comments on the blog. You can't avoid me as easily now.

Millie said...

I had to say only nice things to counter the fact that you never have anything nice to say about anyone.

Did you register for "w" gifts yet?