Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Best Title Ever

So to those of you who emailed me and said that yesterday's blog made no sense...to you I say it wasn't supposed to make sense to YOU.

Moving on...I referenced the new Fall Out Boy Song for a different reason but I think that I will spend some e-time on it but frankly it has the BEST Title EVER!



---> I'm Like A Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me and You)<----

Okay...so the title really doesn't have anything to do with the song but I think that it why I like it so much. I heard it announced on the radio while driving around St. Louis and knew that I had to listen to the song because what kind of song would have that kind of title??? This one obviously but I have no idea why. (Andrew, this is where you shine buddy...help me out.) Oh and it passes The Dino Test...who busted out laughing when I told him about it.

Anyway...so the song isn't bad. It is pretty catchy and easy to sing along to. To quote the song...2 out of 3 ain't bad. It gets 2 out of 3 from me because I am not sure if I am thinking of the song in the way that it was intended. Its probably situational. Who knows...I might have a major WTF moment regarding this song once I get my head clear again.

For me...I can't get past the first line. (See previous blogs if you are unaware of the fact that I am a total sucker for first lines.) "Last year's wishes are this year's apologies." Okay...so maybe not a perfect fit for me right now...but pretty damn close. There is another line in the song that gets to me from the chorus. I think that it is the 'What If?' factor. What if indeed.

The video kinda matches the song. It is surprisingly moving as it addresses a real issue. Again...it could totally be situational but the damn video made me tear up about halfway through and I remained teary-eyed until the end.

So needless to say the song is already on the iPod and on the "Right Now Playlist". It is also my number three vote on the daily VH1 Top 20 countdown votes (behind 'Lost Highway' and 'Over You' of course).

So rock on Fall Out Boy. I haven't cared much about your music in the past but this song has me hooked.

No comments: