Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Celebrate We Will...For Life Is Sweet For Certain


Well folks...I promised myself that I would not allow my work trip to San Francisco stop me from blogging entirely. So here is a sleep costing Monday Night Shuffle.

Two Step by Dave Matthews Band (37): So here is the deal with this song. I enjoy but I don't get a lot of what is said in it. I perceive it to be a love song but I think that my opinion of it is slightly tainted because of its biblical references. It is hard to feel romantic when it is singing about stuff from the bible. Oh well. It is a pretty song but much like most of the other songs by Dave Matthews Band it is just too long. Oh well. Best Line: "You came to me like wine comes to this mouth, grown tired of water all the time, you quench my heart and, oh, you quench my mind." I am not a huge DMB fan but I was pretty bummed out to hear that one of the band members passed away a few weeks ago.

The Power Of Love by Celine Dion (123): OK I know that it is going to make me sound really really lame but I love this song. Celine really is the queen of women who sing love songs. I will admit it, I have been known to sing this song in the shower and the fact it is that I am certain that it sounds absolutely terrible! So my challenge to you is to try to sing this song before you knock Celine. Sure it is one of the sappiest love songs out there but she really does sing the shit out of it. The lyrics are also pretty damn good as well. Anyone who has been love sick over a man can relate to most of the lines in this song. So there it is...I really love this song. Best Line: "Cause I am your lady and you are my man, whenever you reach for me I'll do all that I can."

Here With Me by Dido (154): Dido has the remarkable gift of being able to get into your head and heart with her lyrics alone which is why I think that she managed to find success in spite of mediocre voice. You really have to listen carefully to really get them but they are raw and real and that is why I have loved everything that she has done. This song in particular is powerful because it paints such a clear picture when you listen to it...at least for me. Maybe it is because I have lived that moment before. That moment when you are lying there right after he has left and you feel more alone than you have ever felt before, even if he is just one floor beneath you. The emotional distance is far greater than any physical distance could ever be. Best Line: "And I don't want to move a thing it might change my memory".

Graduation by Vitamin C (30): I know that every graduation class has claimed this song but I feel the need to point out that it actually came out the year that my crew and I graduated. Not to say that I mind sharing it with them...but I just wanted to point out that we were the first to hug and cry and reminence to this song. In a way it makes us kinda cool but overall probably not. I remember us vowing to friends forever....and as I reflect on how many of us are still pretty close...I would have to say that we have been true to our word in spite of how ours lives have changed. So yeah, I will admit that I like this song too...in spite of the fact that it is also one of the sappiest songs ever! Best Line: "No more hanging out cause we're on a different track and if you got something that you need to say you better say it right now cause you don't have another day". Lame as it is, that is line that is true at any time and shouldn't not be forgotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit is are these songs lame! I can't wait for you to get back to CT so you can start writing like a normal person again!

Anonymous said...

Oh Millie, I have to agree with Conner on this one and say that this is your lamest listing of songs.

The Kiskadian said...

The only reason that this post didn't suck is because it wasn't focused on baseball!