Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All You Need Is JC!

All I can say is thank goodness that the Yankees won tonight! We really, really needed this win. We just need to keep the momentum going!

I hate to say I told you so but....I told you that Joba would make all the difference! Sure he wasn't as amazing as he normally is but he got the job done. He pitched 1 and 1/3 innings out of the bullpen and no runs where scored. There is nothing more that we could have asked for. He pitched well and even when he got behind on the count, he didn't get frustrated or rattled. The commentators kept harping on him missing his velocity but he still looked phenomenal. Bottom line, it was his first game back, allowed one hit, no runs, and he in one inning managed to be a big part in the Yankees huge win tonight. How can there be any doubt that he is the real deal?


And how 'bout those beautiful HRs hit by the X-Man and A-Rod. I mean my goodness...Nady's almost broke through the damn roof. (OK maybe not but it sure looked like it could have.) And A-Rod is now 12 on the all time HR list...which doesn't redeem his bad habit of choking but makes me less angry at him. Jeter played well...if you overlook that whole dropped ball between him and Nady. You can't really blame him...he can't be damn near perfect all of the time. And Johnny Damon....I really do love this guy. He is a man who has been consistently good and that is why I love him.

And then of course there is Mike Mussina. He made it through 6+ innings and did it in great fashion. Tonight was his 267th career win and his 19th win against the Devil Rays. Mike is the one starting pitcher on the Yankee roster who has stepped up and tried to fill the gap left by Wang and Joba. It is a joy to watch him pitch...and it is even more of joy to look at his numbers. 17-7 this season is pretty damn amazing.

Overall...I couldn't be happier. I have said it before and I will say it again...when the Yankees play the way that the Yankees should...it is truly a beautiful thing.

So let's end with the whole Joba/Jesus thing. I know the "interview" that everyone is talking about and I find it amusing....especially since it never actually happened. It is a made-up interview that was posted on a blog. That being said...could you really blame God for being a Yankee fan?


I will leave you with that thought.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are crazy

Anonymous said...

i knew that you would be singing joba's praises this morning. it was pretty cool to see him walk onto the mount.

i told you arod is the fucking man.

Anonymous said...

that win was huge!

Anonymous said...

You must be blinded by love! Joba looked terrible last night. How many balls did he throw as opposed to strikes? You are a love sick fool!

The Kiskadian said...

Milville it is pretty hot when you talk baseball too. Not as hot when you talk football but still awesome.