Thursday, August 7, 2008

X Marks The Spot

Let me start by saying that Derek Jeter's home run in the first inning of tonight's game was absolutely beautiful.

So as embarrassing as it is to admit...I had never even heard of Xavier Nady until he came to the Yankees. Up until recently, I have never paid much attention to the National League though I will admit that I find myself keeping an eye out for the score of the Mets games. But anyway...the point is that Xavier Nady has got to be one of the best additions to the Yankee lineup.

I don't know much about him...except for that he can hit. I think that he has had in the past 8 games which is pretty damn amazing. (Yes I am aware that the same thing can be said about Bobby Abreu...which is also awesome but I have come to expect him to hit well.)

Nady is currently averaging .368 with the Yankees. Really that is all that needs to be said.

I don't know what kind of player he was before he started wearing pinstripes but he is certainly playing well now that he is in them.

Now if only A-Rod would start hitting again. He is like 0-9 at the moment which is really starting to piss me off.

3 comments:

The Kiskadian said...

Jesus Christ Milville! Enough with Yankee baseball. Baseball isn't even a real sport. It is only played by men who can't play a real man's sport!

THE TODD said...

Nady is the shit. He and Abreu are carrying your team.

Are you seriously becoming a Mets fan?

Millie said...

Happy Kiskadian? Tonight's post should be right up your alley.

Todd - What is wrong with being a Mets fan? It isn't as good as being a Yankee fan but one cannot be too perfect. Besides...I need a NL to follow.