Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Your First Hit Should Always Be Your Best - Take 2

So without a doubt the hottest first line of a song is the opening line to Honey & The Moon by Joseph Arthur. I have discussed this several times on this blog and have not changed my position on this and doubt that I ever will. That being said...there are plenty of other songs that can melt a heart with its first words...and here are a few more for your enjoyment.

Love of My Life by Santana and Dave Matthews - I am not a big fan of either artist as I feel that both are somewhat overrated. Yet together they created a pretty hot song. The mood of the song is pure passion...but the opening line is what makes the song sexy. The line "Where you are, that's where I want to be." Simply put...that is what true love is all about.

I'll Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie - I am a huge Death Cab for Cutie fan. Ben was clearly born to be a crooner. Even when he is not singing about love, he sounds hot. I like this song...not because I would ever want someone to sing these words to me and mean it, but because it is nice to think that somewhere someone loves someone that much that they would. As cynical as I have become about love and romance, I still believe that it has to work out every now and then. The line: "Love of mine someday you will be die and I'll be close behind, I'll follow you into the dark."

Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Yes I know I just blogged about this song. It is a hot enough song that it warrants multiple entries. And yes it is still suck in my head. Anyway...the line: "When I see your smile, tears roll down my face."

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star - Okay so this song is very My So Called Life but it is still a really hot song. RK used to say that it is a stalker song but I disagree (surprise surprise). I think that this song is about about wanting to know someone completely...even if that person doesn't understand or feel the same way. It is about meeting the person underneath it all, which rarely if ever happens in relationships. Perhaps that is why so many fail. The line: " I want to hold the hand inside you, I want to take a breath that's true."

We Belong Together by Ritchie Valens - I freely admit that my love of the movie La Bamba is the main reason that I like this song so let's move on from that. To some this song might be creepy because it is sounds possessive. So what? There is something very sexy about a man being possessive. (Possessive...not crazy stalking.) I might be betraying the women's lib movement by admitting this but I don't care. The line: "You're mine and we belong together."

Okay so this was a pretty lame entry. Hey...I promised posts everyday that I am not out of town...I never promised that they would be good. I am too distracted to really devote any time to a post this evening...so this one was written on auto-pilot. I'll do better this weekend when I return from yet another trip to a place that I would never visit if I didn't have to.

No comments: