Monday, March 3, 2008

Gotta Live My Life Like I Ain't Got Nothing But This Roll Of The Dice

It's Monday so you know what that means...another dose of Monday Night Shuffle. Let's get started.


Someday I'll Be Saturday Night by Bon Jovi (136) - Though not one of the greater Bon Jovi songs, it is always good for singing. I sometimes use it to brighten my mood when I am having a rough day. It is sure to work because even though some of lyrics are sad, it is still an encouraging song. More importantly, it is Bon Jovi song which means that it is better than most of the shit out there anyway. As cheesy as it sounds, I do believe that someday I'll be Saturday night. I don't know what exactly that will entail, but it is something to look forward to. "It may not be tomorrow but baby that's OK,I ain't going down, gonna find a way." I have said it before and will say it again, there is no problem in the world that cannot be solved by listening to Bon Jovi. Oh and 16 days to go...I can't wait!

Flake by Jack Johnson (94) - So this is the song that started me on my Jack Johnson kick. Almost six years later, I still love his music. In spite of the fact that the lyrics don't lend themselves to it, this is a song that I enjoy kicking back to. If you listen to lyrics (which of course I almost always do!), you will find that this is actually a slightly depressing song. Yet the simple, rhythmic beat just makes me want to chill out friends and drink Sangria. It must be the Hawaiian influence in the song. The line: "Just like a tree down by the water, baby, I shall not move even after all the silly things you do."

Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 (88) - Another great song for chilling out to. I have great memories of singing this song with family and a few good friends beside my grandpa's pool in Santa Fe 3 (?) summers ago. This is the type of song that Adam Levine was meant to sing. Songs About Jane has got to be one of the best albums released in this decade. I really need to get back out to Santa Fe soon. The line: "And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew that someday it would bring me back to you."

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley (183) - It must be time to go hit the karaoke bars because every song seems to makes me want to sing. I would never sing this song unless dared to but boy do I love singing it on my own when no one is around to hear me butcher it. I have actually found myself listening to this song a lot more than usual lately. No matter how stressed out I am this song always calms me down. I am not a big fan of reggae, but there is something about this song that cannot be denied. "Every little thing's gonna be alright." indeed. What a great tune.

Star Mile by Joshua Radin (97) - Joshua Radin cannot sing nor write a bad song. It is almost creepy because he always sings to be singing the secrets of my heart. I am seriously bummed that I did not make the journey to Spokane to see him in concert but oh well. I have been listening to Joshua a lot as I try to fall asleep, which has been good and bad. I try to focus on the lyrics and think of the memories that they bring back. I think that is why I am not sleeping. His songs are a road map to my heart, and that is scary....as I suspect that this might be my kryptonite. The line: "Look down from your tower on high and take in the night, look her right in the eye, she'll listen." There is so much that I long to hear, but no matter how hard one tries, one cannot hear what is never said.

Well that's it for the night. All except for another pic from My MC & Me.

7 comments:

THE TODD said...

Just thinking that you probably couldn't go a week without referring to Bon Jovi.

Good post anyway. Makes me wish I heard music that why that you do.

Millie said...

Trust me...you don't. I can't hear a song without thinking of someone or something. It can be good and it can be very bad.

I could go a week without referring to Bon Jovi, I just don't know why I would ever want to.

The Kiskadian said...

cuz jovi is GAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

so is your radin fag. i hear his voice and i want to punch someone.

Millie said...

You have anger issues Robin. Stop thinking about punching or beating people.

The Kiskadian said...

i'm not mad just better than everyone else.

Dr. Fine said...

I feel the same way when I hear Flake and Sunday Morning. We have always had a lot in common.

The Kiskadian said...

fine you are such a fag. no one wants you here so go away. she won't respond to your post so quit trying. you piss me off so much