To answer my own question...No.
I realized today that I am not the football fan that I once was. As pissed off as I am at my Yankees today...I am wholeheartedly a baseball gal. That being said...I did have fun at the NFL Draft today. Here are a few of the lessons that I learned today.
- PA's are a weird bunch. Now this is more of a Coastie lesson than football but I feel obligated to mention it.
- The NFL treats the military pretty damn well. Probably the best of all of the professional sports organizations. In addition to giving us free tickets to the Draft, they also gave us awesome seats and cool gift bags. So kudos to them.
- Philly fans are complete assholes...and often insane. Anyone who doubts this did not see "Blanket Guy" today...the toothless guy who wrapped himself in an Eagles blanket after he took off his Eagles jersey because it was autographed by a cheerleader. He was completely insane. Then there was the "Philly Frat Boys" who screamed and cursed at a group of kids who couldn't have been older than 12....hence the asshole example. Bottom line...I am starting to think that Philly fans are worse than Red Sux fans...and that is saying something.
- It is harder to film a commercial than I thought. Granted it will probably never air or be seen by anyone other than Internet junkies...but that is not the point. I will never give anyone a hard time for using cue cards because I now know how useful they are.
- It is not good for the confidence level to stand next to an NFL Cheerleader...much less 3 of them.
- The ESPN commentary crew is much friendlier than the NFL Channel crew.
- The NFL draft has its exciting moments...but they are kind of few and far between. You have to be a hardcore fan to stick it out. I am not.
Nevertheless...I am glad that I went and had a good time while I was there.
Now if you will excuse me...it is time for me to curse the Red Sux. I hate them so very, very, very much. Damn it.