Monday, May 5, 2008

Its Just Enough To See A Shooting Star

Taking a break from the agony that is my new Samsung Sidekick. WTF was I thinking when I bought that damn thing...I cannot rightly say but I think that it is going to get the best of the MRock. Oh well.

So let's shuffle...

I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys (124) - I am not ashamed to admit that I love this song. It might be the best song ever produced by a boy band. I remember when it came out I listened to it so much that Bobby and Robin joined forces in threatening to remove my car stereo. I think the fact that this song exploded as quickly and largely as it did is the main reason that *NSYNC was able to take over the boy band throne. This song was awesome but soon it was damn near everywhere! Overexposure is a strange and dangerous thing for anyone on the top. Whatever...I still like the song and though *NSYNC would win in a real fight...BBS always was and still is the best of the boy bands.

Telling Stories by Tracy Chapman (46) - Although I am not a big fan of Tracy Chapman I must admit that I like this song. What I like about this song is that I find it empowering even though clearly someone is being made the fool. By admitting up front that you aware that you are being blatantly lied to makes it somehow less embarrassing. It is almost like taking a stand and saying "Hey you are only lying to me because I let you do it." Why that is less foolish I cannot say but there it is. My favorite line of this song is "You write the words and make believe that there is truth in the space between." I am woman...hear me roar indeed.

One Moment More by Mindy Smith (146) - Thanks goes to Smallville for introducing me to this song. What a heartbreaker! Who can't relate to the feeling of wanting just one moment more with the person that you love...especially when you know that it is not going last? There is something about the fact that it isn't going to last that makes one crave whatever time one can have until the end. Why not make the most of the time you have while you have it? The line of this song "It's just enough to feel your breath on mine to warm my soul and ease my mind."

Just Like A Pill by P!nk (162) - Great song....

Juicebox by The Strokes (5) - How damn awesome is this song? I have waiting for The Strokes to amaze me again with their music and they did not fail with this song. That's really all I can say about this one. It is just damn awesome!

The Adventure by Angels & Airwaves (249) - This is a surprisingly deep song for a former member of Blink 182. In the right mood it will give me a chill and/or provoke a tear. This song makes me want to be adventurous...though I am not sure why or in what way. I think that the reason that this song is special to me is because when I hear it I realize that I am lucky enough to have a couple of friends that understand why it has the effect on that it does.

And in honor of Cinco de Mayo...

Akai 47 (3) . I have no idea what this song is about or what it is trying to achieve by it makes me laugh every damn time I hear it. Think Mexican fiesta meets country hoedown. Great stuff.

Solo en Ti (99) - All was forgiven when I heard this song...even though I wasted $9.99...damn misleading pre-order ad. Oh well. Maybe it is the fact that I love the English version so much but hearing it in Spanish makes it ubber-hot!

Mundos Diferentes (14) - OK so I don't understand the entire song but I think I get the basics. I can relate sister.

Now to figure out that damn phone!

4 comments:

THE TODD said...

Why did you buy a sidekick if you don't plan to answer your phone?

Millie said...

So that I can spend the rest of my life texting people and never actually talking again my dear friend.

The Kiskadian said...

why is your ipod holding a knife?

are you super pissed about something?

THE TODD said...

Like you could go without talking chatterbox.