Monday, August 13, 2007

Promicin...Would You Take It?


Yes...I would.


I know, I know...there is no such thing as Promicin. It is a made up drug from a television show but it is quite thought provoking. After all, who wouldn't want to be extraordinary? Who wouldn't want to develop an ablility that could change or at least improve the world?


I'll tell you who...just about everyone that I asked at work. Even though it isn't real it prompted quite a few passionate answers. Almost everyone said that it wasn't worth the risk. Most were shocked that I would take that risk.


Why is it bad thing to want to be better? Why shouldn't we strive to be stronger or smarter? Even worse...why is taboo to believe that you can be the best? To even express that you believe that you can be better is viewed as arrogant. How did Americans allow themselves to degress to this? Aren't we a country that was built on dreams of a better future? Isn't history littered with feats of greatness achieved by someone who believed that they would succeed?


If there was a shot in circulation that could possibly give me the chance to improve the world, I would take it. I've said before and I will say again...I understand Anakin's turn to the dark side. I understand the desire be more than average. Call me crazy, call me arrogant, call me a geek...but there is still a part of me that longs to embark on that quest for greatness. For now I will continue to focus of my quest for Yeoman First Class. Damn E-PME test.
SP and MTFBWY for a great week!

No comments: