Friday, June 13, 2008

Lovers Always Come & Lovers Always Go & No One's Really Sure Who's Lettin' Go Today


Working at another unit for the past few days has been good for me. From a professional side it gave me a much needed break from my regular office and the nonsense that comes with it as well as a chance to meet people that I have been working for/with for the past few years but never actually seen in person. It was also cool because for the first time in a very long time, I enjoyed being a YN. The only problem is that it makes the thought of going back to the seclusion of a cubicle all the more depressing. Oh well...the point of this post is that the additional three hours I spent in the car each day meant plenty of Millie Car Karaoke. Upon reviewing the "Recently Played" list on my iPod...here are the top songs that were sang/grooved to during the hellish commute from Casa De Millie to PSU 313.

(DISCLAIMER: I left the iPod on shuffle in effort to listen to different songs. When a song came on that was not worth singing/grooving to...I simply skipped it. Keep this in mind as you consider the songs listed below. They were not intentionally sought out.)

The grade next to the song is the Millie Karaoke Grade based off of awesomeness of the song, level of singing difficulty, popularity, the level of increased chance for getting a speeding a ticket as a result of listening to, and ability to make you want to groove. In effort to keep this from turning into another shuffle post...all I am including with the title of the song and the grade is my favorite line of the song. If nothing else...maybe this will expand your musical horizons by encouraging you to listen to the tune.

Is It Any Wonder by Keane: C+
Singable, groovable, but not popular and no impact on driving speed.
"Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm stranded in the wrong time where love is just a lyric in children's rhyme."

November Rain by Guns N' Roses: A-
Totally singable, incredibly popular and significantly increases the odds of getting a speeding ticket...just missing the groovablity factor...but redeems itself with end rock out!
" If we could take the time to lay it on the line I could rest my head just knowin' that you were mine."

Love Today by Mika: A
Totally singable in a fun way, almost too groovable, lacks mainstream popularity, and I am actually surprised that I don't get pulled over every time I listen to this song.
"Every body's gonna love today, gonna love today, anyway you want to, anyway you've got to...love love me, love love me, love love.

The Cup of Life by Ricky Martin: A-
Not only singable but one tends to feel smart since it features three different languages...of course that fact that you are actually singing along with Ricky Martin pretty much negates the intelligence points. It is a popular, speed increasing song written for my least favorite sport on the planet.
"Para sobrevivir y luchar por ella luchar por ella (SI!)"

Brave New World by Michael Penn: C-
Singable and can produce a slight groove...but nothing worth getting excited about.
"This may not be my best day but this ain't no golden age"

Gin and Juice by Snoop Dogg: B+
The inner gangsta in me cannot help but rapping along with Snoop whenever I hear this song. It is popular and groovable but lacks the speed increasing factor.
"Everything is fine when you listenin to the D-O-G...I got the cultivating music that be captivating he who listens to the words that I speak"

One More Time by Daft Punk: B
Low on the singablity factor but totally groovable. Won't cause you to increase your speed but will help you maintain it.
"Music's got me feeling so free...we gonna celebrate"

Da Funk by Daft Punk: A
Would be an A+ since it is a fine example of the all of the standards listed above except for the singablity factor. Not its fault that it has no words. (I am actually dancing in my chair as I type this.)

Your Heart Is An Empty Heart by Death Cab For Cutie: D
(For the record, I am fairly certain that I was on the phone and therefore turned down the stereo.) Not singable, not groovable, not popular and no chance of increasing speed.
"And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need cause you knew you were finally free"

I finally slept for more than an hour at time...the bad part was that it was this afternoon and now I am wired. Damn it all but I must say that I feel a little bit better.

3 comments:

THE TODD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE TODD said...

My Dear Friend, why do you torture that MC so? Those glasses are terrible and he should kick your ass for making him wear them.

I love when you channel your inna gangsta!

Millie said...

No Doubt Playa!