Saturday, September 8, 2007

3 Cheers for One Heck of a Captain!

Following the ISC tradition to have All Hands on the 1st Thursday of the month...that is what we did yesterday. I think that I am one of the few people who actually enjoys it. I like seeing my shipmates that I don't normally get to see. We get to hear who is coming and who is leaving the unit. Steve J can always be counted on to say something witty and I get a chance to work on my public speaking skills. The training was actually interesting and quick...so not a bad way to spend a morning, especially when your damn computer is still on life support. Yesterdays was a home run for us FOT folks. CWO M got recognized for his ESO of the Year Award, Mikel's advancement was mentioned, and Dino and I both got medal. FOT kicks ass and we reminded the rest of the unit of that yesterday.

So afterwards Dinolicious said something to me yesterday that really stuck with me. He told me that I have more pictures with the Captain than anyone else he knows. When I got home last night, I reviewed my pics on the computer and he is right...I do have a lot of pics with the CO.

I think that Captain B is probably the finest of Coast Guard Officer corps. I love working for him and aspire to be a similar leader to him. I doubt I would have saved all of the pictures if it wasn't for the fact that I do respect him. I hate having to pose with someone that you have absolutely no respect for. So here are a few pics that I enjoy of the Skipper and I.

I choose these two pics because...

I am pretty damn proud to have received an CG Achievement Medal.






I still can't believe that Bruce spent that much time photo shopping a Red Sox jersey on me...nor the fact that some people believe that I would actually wear it to receive an award from my commanding officer.



Again...3 Cheers for a great Captain who makes the Pier a pretty great place to work.

No comments: