Monday, February 16, 2009

I Do Think You Fit This Shoe

Alright folks…let’s start with a continuation of my A-Rod rant…because clearly I didn’t do enough of it last week since I’m still mad. The simple fact is that I just keep getting more and more pissed off by the situation. I don’t like his “poor me” bullshit about “the weight of the world” being on his shoulders while in Texas and that being the reason for his “mistake”. I mean…I love baseball more than practically anything else in the world but let’s call it what it is…and that is a game. His “weight of the world” comment just shows what a damn drama queen and narcissistic asshole he is. I am so looking forward to the season starting but the thought of seeing him play in the new stadium aggravates me more than I can ever say. I don’t care if he has the greatest season of all times this year…I will still think that he is asshole. And don’t even get me starting on the whole A-Rod/Roberts controversy…because it is so damn ludicrous that it isn’t worth any more than this one line. Phil Moyer asked the perfect question regarding A-Rod and that is “What does he have to play for now?” His numbers are tainted, he has brought shame to himself, the sport, and more importantly to the Yankees who have to stand behind him even though he doesn’t deserve it. Again I say to you… he is a tool.

Moving on…God help me for asking this again…but What’s Worse Than Having Gum On Your Shoes?

So today is a duty day for me and I really should be getting stuff off of my desk for my upcoming leave but I’m just not feeling it. I think that I have done so much in the past couple of weeks that I am suffering from a moderate case of “burnt out” syndrome. I say moderate because I really don’t want to do anything but there is hope that I will get stuff done anyway. My blogging is just a temporary break from the stack of stuff that will be done before I leave tomorrow afternoon.

And you know what today is….so let’s shuffle.

Rock is Dead by Marilyn Manson – I usually get really weird looks when M. M. comes on my iPod, I guess because I don’t fit the stereotype for what a M. M. listener should look like. Whatever. This is actually one of my favorite songs by the King of Goth. Say what you will about him but this is actually pretty awesome song. It has a fantastic, foot-tapping, head rocking beat and lyrically it is pretty impressive. I mean, sure it is a pretty pessimistic view of society but it really isn’t that wrong. But truthfully, most days I listen to it for the beat because it is that good. Best Line: “Build us a new God and sell us his address.”

Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar – Here is yet another song that should be banned from every karaoke bar on the planet. It has been terribly abused. It is understandable, as it is a pretty damn awesome song but no song is worth seeing many a drunk Pat-wannabe stumble her way through this song…air fist pumping and all. Oddly enough…this is another song that makes me laugh every time I hear it…thanks to South Park. How can you hear this and not picture the drunk Mr. Mackey stumbling his way to his house…adding his trademark “Ummm-kay?” after every line? I love that episode. So I guess what I am saying is that it would be okay for someone to sing this song at a karaoke bar only if they channel Mr. Mackey. Best Line: “We are young…ummm-kay?! Hearted to hearted we stand…ummm-kay?!”

Take My Hand by Simple Plan – I love Simple Plan and this is probably my favorite song by the band. It is impossible not to rock out when you hear this song. It is a tough song to sing along to for some reason…which means that I will only attempt it alone in my car. I will however start tapping anything close whenever I am listening to this song…my pen on the desk, my foot to ground, my fingers on the keyboard…you get the idea. It is a pretty hot song too which makes it even more awesome. It channels the whole “Bet on me like I bet on you, this is our chance, Mad Love” feeling which makes it pretty much irresistible. Best Line: “Take my hand tonight and let’s not think about tomorrow.”

Breakfast by Newsboys – And here is yet another example of why I am probably going to hell. For those of you who don’t know that this song is a Christian Pop song…don’t feel bad. I didn’t either another I heard someone singing it and I thought it was a joke. The worst part is that upon finding out that it was not a joke, I remember laughing even harder…thus yet another reason why I will probably be spending the afterlife surrounded by flames. Even though I never listened to this song with Dino it reminds me of many of the conversations about God and religion that we shared when he told me that he is pretty sure that God has a sense of humor. I am betting on it…as I am pretty sure that he probably laughed when he heard this song too. This song is on the iPod for comedic reasons only. I use the next line loosely…Best Line: “When the toast is burned and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell, when the big one finds you let this song remind you that they don’t serve breakfast in hell.” Seriously…?

About A Girl by Nirvana – First allow me to congratulate myself on absolutely nailing this song on Guitar Hero World Tour. And by nailed I mean that I didn’t miss a note. So on the off chance that you are reading this Joba Chamberlain….consider yourself challenged. Moving on…so could Nirvana have selected a better song to kick off their Unplugged Album with? I think not. I cannot imagine listening to it without hearing this song as the intro. It sets the bar high and gets you going so you can overlook the crappy songs that they put on there like “Jesus Don’t Want Me For Sunbeam”. Best Line: “I’ll take advantage while you hang me out to dry.”

Well that’s it folks…as I still have a ton of LES(s) to review and a stack of papers to shred that is close to my waist in height. Gotta love the life of a Yeoman…oh wait…I don’t.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never picked you for a fan of Marilyn Manson.

Anonymous said...

I know you won't believe me but I actually remember when you started laughing at Shawn Scott for singing this song. He was so hurt that you laughed at him.

Christ I have known you for too long. How lame is it that I actually remember stuff like that?