Monday, February 9, 2009

You're The Center of Adrenaline...

Holy Smokes...today sucked. It wasn't exceptionally tough...nor was it exceptionally busy. I even somehow managed to put a small dent in the pile of work that has taken over my cubicle over the past week. That alone should have allowed me to walk out of the office with a feeling of victory. Yet I walked out slowly, defeated and annoyed. I need cheering up.

So let's shuffle...

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order - I LOVE this song. It is another one of those songs that I forget how much I love until I hear the intro and before I know it...the volume is up and I am grooving along to one of the best dance floor tunes. Many a DJ has spun this song and many a couple have found themselves overcome with passion that comes from dancing to this song. Worthy of space on any iPod. Oh and it has a fantastic opening line which gives it bonus points in my eyes. There really isn't anything else to say about this song. Best Line: "Every time I think of you, I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue."

Life in Mono by Mono - This song came out like 10 years ago and I still can't decide if it is incredibly romantic or incredibly depressing. I suppose that is what makes it so good. I remember that Robin hated it from the first time that he heard it because he said that the soft, almost seductive voice of Emma Bunton freaked him out. Truthfully, this song always makes me think of the Ethan Hawke, shouting in the rain at Gwyneth Paltrow in the 1998 version of Great Expectations. At least he was shouting at her to this song in the movie trailer. Perhaps that is why I am torn about this song. It was incredibly romantic and incredibly sad to see him standing in the rain at her balcony, shouting " Everything I do, I do it for you! Anything that might be special in me, is you!" And yet anything and everything was not enough. Poor Ethan...left alone....probably ended up catching nothing more than a cold. But I digress...Best Line: "I can't seem to recall when you came along."

If You Leave Me No by Chicago - Before you make fun of me for having this song on my iPod...hear me out. Let me start by saying that of all of the shitty songs performed by Chicago, I admit that this one is particularly bad. I have this song on my iPod for one reason...and it is because it makes me laugh. It makes me laugh because it reminds of Butters South Park episode when he is trying to find his way back to South Park after his mom tried to drown him in the car. So I hear this song and I think of poor little Butters singing "Woo-ohhh-wooo baby please don't go." So yeah...it was worth the $0.99 just to laugh. So let's use that line as the best line because there really isn't much to choose from.

The Best Thing by Savage Garden - What ever happened to Savage Garden? I loved Savage Garden...and not just because of their name tribute to one of the greatest stories of all times. I loved their slow sappy stuff...and especially loved their peppy sappy stuff. This is one of their best peppy sappy songs. It is impossible not to dance to it. I miss Savage Garden. Best Line: "This intoxication thrills me...I only pray it doesn't kill me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the hell did you find Life in Mono? It wasn't on the soundtrack on not on iTunes. I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite south park episode. Keep blogging. I miss you!