Let's start with my list of the best songs of 2008:
- Shake It by Metro Station: As previously stated...this is the most creatively written dance song of the year. Everything about this song works and it is freakin' awesome!
- Pork & Beans by Weezer: This has got to the best anti-conformity song of the year. It is guaranteed to make you feel better if sung loud and proud on a bad day.
-Rehab by Rihanna: Incredibly sexy and sad at the same time...Rehab perfectly captures the bittersweet feeling of loving someone that much. I can't say enough of how much I like this song.
-Womanizer by Britney Spears: Great because let's face it...you can't help but sing along with this catchy tune.
- If I Were A Boy by Beyonce: Normally I not a big fan of Beyonce but I have to give her credit on this one. The video is entertaining, lyrically it is slam dunk, and you would have to have a heart of stone not to get the chills from the emotion that she sings it with.
- Rock & Roll by Eric Hutchinson: This the feel good song of the year. I found myself getting pointed and laughed at for singing it at Target the other day. It has a great beat, great lyrics, and has the ability to get stuck in your heads and yet not annoy you for it. The #2 song of the year without a doubt.
-Human by The Killers: So I think that I have said all that needs to be said about this one. Without a doubt...best song of the year!
Now lets talk about the best movies of 2008:
- The Dark Knight: You've got Christian Bale looking sexy as hell and Heath acting creepy as hell. Together it makes for a highly entertaining movie that sticks with you long after the end credits roll.
- Role Models: Granted it was over marketed before it was even released, I still enjoyed this movie. It was funny and once again I left the theater crushing on Paul Rudd. He is one of the most lovable and under appreciated actors currently making movies.
- Horton Hears A Who: This is another movie that made me laugh and cry...all four times that I saw it. It is a great movie for the kid in all of us.
- W: I know that I am probably going to get a lot shit for this one but I loved this movie. Who didn't see it and want to give W a hug afterwards?
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Any movie that makes someone laugh as much as this one did deserves to be named one of the best of the year.
- Kung Fu Panda: How could you not love this movie? Once again it made me a laugh and cry and even made me want to learn kung fu. Credit Dustin Hoffman for his unrated performance as Master Shifu because I really think that he was what held the characters together.
- The Strangers: This is my pick for the scariest movie of the year. It scared the hell out of me for days! As I stated in my previous post about the movie...the movie was awesomely scary because the threat is real. I was excited when I bought the DVD and got a free T-shirt with it but can't wear it because it freaks me out when I stand in front of mirror.
- Pineapple Express: This is my pick for the best movie of the year. It was funny, action-packed and heart-warming from start to finish. Seth Rogan proved that he is more than just your average funny man and James Franco showed that there isn't a role written that he can't rock.
And here is the stuff that doesn't really fit into a category but managed to be awesome!
Manning Madness - The year started off well for the Manning family...with both of them making it to the playoffs. Sure it sucked when Peyton could not carry his entire past the 1st round but that's okay. Eli picked up the slack and carried his team the whole way. Then Eli got married...which is cool for him. Then Peyton fought off criticism over his secret surgery (it was nobody's business anyway! It was in the off season damn it!). Both Mannings produced quality commercials throughout the year. Oh and both of them ended their 2008 by securing playoff positions for their teams. I love the Mannings!
Derek Jeter Commercial madness. OK so let me start by saying that we all know that Peyton is the sports KING of TV commercials. My point is the Derek Jeter is definitely a close contender for the throne. OK he is no Peyton Manning but lets face it....Derek looks better than Peyton which makes his commercials almost as good as Peyton's. Derek started the year off with the incredibly sexy G2 Commercial, then followed up with his Tri-State Ford commercials (in which he looks super sexy with his Edge), and then launched his Gillette commercials. The one for the razor was funny and cute but the one for the deodorant was sheer commercial greatness! Whoever came up with the idea of Derek walking out of Fenway, getting booed and looking sexier than ever is a genius! Seriously...Derek rocked the commercial world this year which is awesome. Based on the new G commercial that aired during the 2009 Rose Bowl...he is well on his way to doing the same in 2009.